Customer Services Adviser (Fair FX - 6 month FTC)
Chester, England, United Kingdom£21,000 - £22,000 per yearOperations
Fair FX (https://www.fairfx.com/) - Chester - F6 Month FTC (Hybrid - weekends at home)
Over the last 18 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From bespoke payment solutions to travel money, transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money. As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
Fair FX are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As such, the role will include some weekend shifts (typically 2 days out of every 8 in the month). These particular shifts will be worked from home. Working hours are 08:30 - 17:00.
To provide a professional and effective service to customers dealing with all matters in a prompt and efficient manner and ensuring that
the needs of the customer are met.
- Deal with day-to-day customer queries
- Respond to incoming emails and secure messaging in a prompt and professional manner.
- Ensure that all targets are adhered to (typically between 80 - 100 emails answered per day)
- Accurately record and enter data into computer systems
- Promote the cross sell of company products to ensure that product knowledge is kept updated.
- Be conversant with the terms of business of the company
- Help and support customers in understanding terms, conditions, and procedures.
- Undertake other associated duties in relation to the provision of customer requests
- Record and resolve any customer issues, concerns or complaints reporting them, as appropriate, to management
- Attend training courses and meetings as required
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time by your Team Manager
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes.
We strive to embrace our values of:
- Succeed Together
- Be the Customer
- Make it Happen
- Go Beyond
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group which will be reviewed annually.
- Contributory pension.
- Life assurance.
- Health insurance through BUPA.
- Our Employee Assistance Program offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, bereavement, and other areas of support.
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
- We are members of the cycle to work scheme.
- We offer Season Ticket Loans.
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
- Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop and maintain business relationships with potential and existing customers
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous relevant experience in a customer services/financial services environment is highly desirable