Lead BI Analyst - Equals Money Europe
Brussels, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest, BelgiumIT
Lead BI Analyst - Brussels
Over the last 16 years, Equals Money has helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products. From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, open-banking to card acquiring, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service. Having recently acquired a subsidiary in Belgium - Oonex SA - the Group are focussed on bringing our suite of products to Europe and are now looking for a Finance Controller to join our team.
With our headquarters in London and Brussels and teams in Chester, Amsterdam and Los Angeles, the Equals Group operates a portfolio of successful and exciting business lines and brands - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney in the UK and now Oonex in Belgium - soon to become Equals Money Europe. You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from various backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. United, by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our customers.
About the role
A Lead BI Analyst at the Equals Group is an innovative and critical thinker dedicated to producing accurate and timely reporting for a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation. Confident in their ability to work with a variety of data sources they seek to drive business impact through data-driven decision making.
Working closely with other Data Analysts and Data Engineers in the Data Science team, they will be responsible for all reporting across the Group, from strategic projects, regulatory reporting and rapid-response requests.
As a valued member of the Data Science team, they will seek to continually develop their technical skillset and business acumen, as well as helping to develop their colleagues and build the team.
Regrettably we cannot offer this role to individuals who do not possess the legal right to reside and work in Belgium.
- Assume responsibility for all BI and reporting across Equals Group
- Lead our efforts to standardise and consolidate both legacy and new reporting across the company
- Work with our Data Analysts and Data Engineers on strategic BI projects, regulatory reporting and rapid-response requests
- Be an advocate for the role of data in decision making to increase revenue or reduce cost-to-serve
- Interpret and analyse business problems, using data from a wide range of sources
- Visualise data and create reports
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Embody at all times our values of
- Be the customer
- Succeed together
- Go beyond
- Make it happen
- Assume ownership of all BI and reporting across Equals Group
- Lead strategic BI projects to consolidate existing reporting, and
- Responsible for BI and reporting activities to support regulatory and compliance
- Work on BI and reporting requests and liaise with associated stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple competing tasks
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A strong business mindset and intellectual curiosity
- A knack for statistical analysis and BI / reporting. Competency in AWS Quicksight (or similar data visualisation software) is key
- Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL and Transact-SQL)
- Experience in querying relational databases
- Conscientious mindset with a focus on attention-to-detail.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar business experience
- We offer 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Ecocheques (yearly)
- Meal vouchers (8€ per day)
- Hospitalization insurance
- Homeworking allowance
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding. For this role a minimum of 3 days in the office will be required with remote wording offered for the remaining working days.
Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion, equality and the power of diversity, so you'll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.