London, England, United Kingdom£24,000 - £27,000 per yearOperations
Over the last 18 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From bespoke payment solutions to travel money, transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money. As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
As a Payments Specialist at Equals Group you will be working as part of a dedicated team to help support the international payment services that we provide to our customers. The role will involve ensuring all customer funds are promptly and accurately reconciled and processed through the various banks and counterparties that the group works with, as well as supporting the various customer facing teams internally within the business.
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
- Regular bank reconciliation / Posting bank transactions
- Processing payments through various banking systems
- Processing remittance advices
- Reviewing unpaid transactions
- Handling under/overpayments
- Handling payment queries and corresponding with banks
- Updating internal system payment statuses
- Setting up new payment details
- Verifying payment information with clients/staff
- Monitoring various support inboxes
- Dealing with payment requests
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Attention to detail and an understanding of risk
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous relevant experience in a payments role / financial services environment
Our investment in you We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams. We believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
When you join the Equals Group, we aim to help you to get more out of your career. We will also offer you the following benefits;
- A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
- Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
- We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.
Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion and the power of diversity, so you'll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.