Pre-Sales Risk Manager
London, England, United Kingdom£60,000 per yearSales
Pre-Sales Risk Manager - London - Hybrid
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money. As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity within our commercial solutions team to join a huge growth area of the business. The role will consist of evaluating commercial opportunities to ensure the sales risk appetite is within the parameters set out by our MRLO and risk teams. Creating sales play books on the different industries that the group is targeting and highlighting the juristrations that we can onboard.
The role will involve being an active participant in cross functional teams such as legal, compliance and risk in order to deliver the groups risk appetite to the solutions sales function. The candidate will work closely with the solutions sales team to review new business opportunities, this will include meeting clients and help package up the opportunities so they are within risk appetite.
Who you are
You will bring extensive risk and commercial knowledge of the B2B Payments & card issuing industry and have an experience of a wide range of risk best practices, systems, and tools.
You can spot new opportunities, efficiency gains and work to implement new processes. You can take responsibility for setting strategic direction and most importantly executing on that path.
- Work in sync with the sales and risk teams to open new opportunities within risk appetite
- Calculate risks involved with new clients and business proposals
- Overseeing all risk aspects of sales playbooks.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the sales team based on the risk appetite of the organisation.
- Establishing the level of risk the company is willing to take.
- Anticipate customer needs based on targeted industry trends.
- Reviewing any new business risk proposals. .
- Accurate information captured on the CRM system including client conversations.
- Work to and monitor agreed KPIs.
Key skills & experience
- Demonstrated experience in the leading risk of Pre-Sales organisations
- Deep knowledge of the B2B payments & card issuing industry and best practice tools, systems, and processes.
- Experience working in a commercial risk environment
- Highly analytical and commercially astute to enable prioritisation of valuable work.
- Excellent communication, numeracy, and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills with a strong ability to articulate and communicate strategies and plans.
- Comfortable working in a regulated business, where innovation and compliance, security and scalability must all work in harmony.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Strong sense of professionalism and integrity,
- Understanding the compliance and on-boarding process in detail.
- A track record of exceeding projected KPI targets.
Our investment in you
We are a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group with the desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
- A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group which will be reviewed annually.
- Contributory pension.
- Life assurance.
- Health insurance through BUPA.
- Our Employee Assistance Program offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, bereavement, and other areas of support.
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
- We are members of the cycle to work scheme.
- We offer Season Ticket Loans.
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
- Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.
Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion, equality and the power of diversity, so you'll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences and help us understand what you need to do your best work.